I'm trying to move my application from Rails 2.3.5 to Rails 3.1 which is
a challenge.

In my application,
require 'zip/zip'
fails with 'no such file to load -- zip/zip

gem list --local
shows
rubyzip (0.9.4)

I see zip.rb in
d:\ruby192\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\rubyzip-0.9.4\lib\zip\

  • Walter Lee Davis at Sep 22, 2011 at 12:22 pm

    I'm trying to move my application from Rails 2.3.5 to Rails 3.1 which is
    a challenge.

    In my application,
    require 'zip/zip'
    fails with 'no such file to load -- zip/zip
    Take this require out of wherever you're putting it now, and put this line in Gemfile:

    gem 'rubyzip', :require => 'zip/zip'

    Walter
    gem list --local
    shows
    rubyzip (0.9.4)

    I see zip.rb in
    d:\ruby192\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\rubyzip-0.9.4\lib\zip\

  • David A. at Sep 22, 2011 at 5:26 pm