I have Rails 3 and Ruby 1.9.2

Installing rmagick (2.13.1) with native extensions
/opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9/rubygems/installer.rb:551:in `rescue
in block in build_extensions': ERROR: Failed to build gem native
extension. (Gem::Installer::ExtensionBuildError)

/opt/local/bin/ruby19 extconf.rb
checking for Ruby version >= 1.8.5... yes
checking for gcc... yes
checking for Magick-config... yes
checking for ImageMagick version >= 6.4.9... yes
checking for HDRI disabled version of ImageMagick... yes
checking for stdint.h... *** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log file for more
details. You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:
--with-opt-dir
--without-opt-dir
--with-opt-include
--without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
--with-opt-lib
--without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
--with-make-prog
--without-make-prog
--srcdir=.
--curdir
--ruby=/opt/local/bin/ruby19
/opt/local/lib/ruby/1.9/mkmf.rb:368:in `try_do': The complier failed to
generate an executable file. (RuntimeError)
You have to install development tools first

  • Tom Meinlschmidt at Sep 21, 2011 at 1:41 pm
    http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/install2-linux.html

[...]

  • Everaldo Gomes at Sep 21, 2011 at 1:49 pm
    Hi!

    Sunday I got this error. I typed the following commands, after a search in
    google:

    sudo apt-get install imagemagick libmagickcore-dev
    sudo apt-get install libmagickwand-dev
    (Then, gem install rmagick)
    Referente:
    http://superuser.com/questions/163818/how-to-install-rmagick-on-ubuntu-10-04

    I hope it works for you.

    Best Regards,
    Everaldo

    On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Tom Meinlschmidt
[...]

  • Sandeep Campbell at Sep 21, 2011 at 2:45 pm
    Thanks,

    But my system configuration is
    SunOS gqwnkyac.joyent.us 5.11 snv_89 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris

    and i am unable to find any package libmagickcore-dev or
    libmagickwand-dev.

    could you please suggest how to install libmagickcore-dev or
    libmagickwand-dev package

    Everaldo Gomes wrote in post #1023101:
    Hi!

    Sunday I got this error. I typed the following commands, after a search
    in
    google:

    sudo apt-get install imagemagick libmagickcore-dev
    sudo apt-get install libmagickwand-dev
    (Then, gem install rmagick)
    Referente:
    http://superuser.com/questions/163818/how-to-install-rmagick-on-ubuntu-10-04

    I hope it works for you.

    Best Regards,
    Everaldo

    On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Tom Meinlschmidt
  • Everaldo Gomes at Sep 21, 2011 at 4:12 pm
    Hi!

    If you have dpkg installed in your system, maybe you could try manually
    downloading and installing the packages
    from http://packages.ubuntu.com/

    Best Regards,
    Everaldo
    SunOS gqwnkyac.joyent.us 5.11 snv_89 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris

    and i am unable to find any package libmagickcore-dev or
    libmagickwand-dev.

    could you please suggest how to install libmagickcore-dev or
    libmagickwand-dev package

    Everaldo Gomes wrote in post #1023101:
    Hi!

    Sunday I got this error. I typed the following commands, after a search
    in
    google:

    sudo apt-get install imagemagick libmagickcore-dev
    sudo apt-get install libmagickwand-dev
    (Then, gem install rmagick)
    Referente:
    http://superuser.com/questions/163818/how-to-install-rmagick-on-ubuntu-10-04
    I hope it works for you.

    Best Regards,
    Everaldo

    On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Tom Meinlschmidt
  • Everaldo Gomes at Sep 21, 2011 at 2:51 pm
    P.S: Remember to download dependencies and install using "dpkg -i
    <packages.deb>

    http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/libmagickcore-dev

    http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/libmagickwand-dev

    On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Everaldo Gomes