Hello,
I installed the latest ruby version (1.9.2p290) via the rubyinstaller
(exe).
I have a Windows 7 64bits.
Installation was fine.
But I can't update or install my gems.
For instance if I enter "gem install rails" I get the following error
message :

ERROR: While executing gem... (Errno:EN0ENT)
No such file or directory

Can anyone help me ??

Thank you

  • Rajarshi at Sep 20, 2011 at 4:29 am
    Please type
    gem -v

    and check whether rubygems exists or not
    then continue

    I installed the latest ruby version (1.9.2p290) via the rubyinstaller
    (exe).
    I have a Windows 7 64bits.
    Installation was fine.
    But I can't update or install my gems.
    For instance if I enter "gem install rails" I get the following error
    message :

    ERROR: While executing gem... (Errno:EN0ENT)
    No such file or directory

    Can anyone help me ??

    Thank you

  • Matin at Sep 20, 2011 at 5:58 am
    Yeah right,
    I've got the version 1.7.2 of gem. I'm on a Win7 64bit and I run my
    prompt as administrator.
    and check whether rubygems exists or not
    then continue

    I installed the latest ruby version (1.9.2p290) via the rubyinstaller
    (exe).
    I have a Windows 7 64bits.
    Installation was fine.
    But I can't update or install my gems.
    For instance if I enter "gem install rails" I get the following error
    message :
    ERROR: While executing gem... (Errno:EN0ENT)
    No such file or directory
    Can anyone help me ??
    Thank you
  • Bukun at Sep 22, 2011 at 10:07 am
    Please give me the display
    after writting

    gem list

    what do u get

    I've got the version 1.7.2 of gem. I'm on a Win7 64bit and I run my
    prompt as administrator.
    and check whether rubygems exists or not
    then continue
    I installed the latest ruby version (1.9.2p290) via the rubyinstaller
    (exe).
    I have a Windows 7 64bits.
    Installation was fine.
    But I can't update or install my gems.
    For instance if I enter "gem install rails" I get the following error
    message :
    ERROR: While executing gem... (Errno:EN0ENT)
    No such file or directory
    Can anyone help me ??
    Thank you
  • Leoncio Caminha at Sep 22, 2011 at 10:44 am
    are u using rvm or something dude? its a wierd....

    Enviado via iPad
    I've got the version 1.7.2 of gem. I'm on a Win7 64bit and I run my
    prompt as administrator.
    and check whether rubygems exists or not
    then continue
    I installed the latest ruby version (1.9.2p290) via the rubyinstaller
    (exe).
    I have a Windows 7 64bits.
    Installation was fine.
    But I can't update or install my gems.
    For instance if I enter "gem install rails" I get the following error
    message :
    ERROR: While executing gem... (Errno:EN0ENT)
    No such file or directory
    Can anyone help me ??
    Thank you
  • Norbert Melzer at Sep 22, 2011 at 1:31 pm
    He said, that he was using the Ruby installer, so there is no rvm. Also I
    don't remember rvm is running with windows.

    Anyway, it looks as if there is some version mismatch when I look at the
    pathes. 1.9.2 is mentioned on the one side, but in the path the gems go
    into a 1.9.1 dir.

    --
    send by Samsung Galaxy Tab with Overcome Mod
    are u using rvm or something dude? its a wierd....

    Enviado via iPad
    I've got the version 1.7.2 of gem. I'm on a Win7 64bit and I run my
    prompt as administrator.
    and check whether rubygems exists or not
    then continue
    I installed the latest ruby version (1.9.2p290) via the rubyinstaller
    (exe).
    I have a Windows 7 64bits.
    Installation was fine.
    But I can't update or install my gems.
    For instance if I enter "gem install rails" I get the following error
    message :
    ERROR: While executing gem... (Errno:EN0ENT)
    No such file or directory
    Can anyone help me ??
    Thank you

  • Luis Lavena at Sep 22, 2011 at 5:04 pm