I set up a new version of master redis in current 2.8.3, and set
notify-keyspace-events EA. I use PSUBSCRIBE * command db and change a value
of key, messages can be received on master db, but it doesn't work on slave
db, for both slave redis version 2.8.3 and 2.6.16.

Can I receive keyspace-events message on slave db?

  • Josiah Carlson at Jan 7, 2014 at 9:46 pm
    As far as I can tell, keyspace notifications are not sent to the slave,
    because the data manipulations themselves are sent to the slave, which can
    have its own keyspace notifications set.

    To get keyspace notifications on the slave, you need to be running 2.8+ on
    the slave, and you need to set the keyspace notification configuration to
    what you need, then subscribe to those notifications on the slave.

    If you are still having difficulties after you have properly set your
    configuration on the master and slave, please report what you are seeing
    from INFO on both the master and slave, as well as the output of "redis-cli
    config get notify-keyspace-events" for both the master and slave.

      - Josiah