It would be cool if INFO command displayed a full system path to the
current AOF file and/or dump.rdb file.

I've started Redis, set a key and cannot find dump.rdb file anywhere.

Trying to migrate Redis data from one server to another is super simple,
but this path is hard to find. It just says ./ in the conf.

Interesting... I issued a SAVE and SHUTDOWN, and the dump.rdb is stored in
~/

Seems a bit odd, I built redis in ~/src/redis-2.6.12/ and created a symlink
in /usr/local/bin for the build products. ~/ was not where I would expect
to find it.

Anyway, just a thought.

  • Arnaud GRANAL at Apr 24, 2013 at 6:29 pm
    I do have the same requirement but for machine hostname
    I actually have a patch ready if somebody wants.

    Arnaud.
    It would be cool if INFO command displayed a full system path to the
    current AOF file and/or dump.rdb file.

    I've started Redis, set a key and cannot find dump.rdb file anywhere.

    Trying to migrate Redis data from one server to another is super simple,
    but this path is hard to find. It just says ./ in the conf.

    Interesting... I issued a SAVE and SHUTDOWN, and the dump.rdb is stored in
    ~/

    Seems a bit odd, I built redis in ~/src/redis-2.6.12/ and created a
    symlink in /usr/local/bin for the build products. ~/ was not where I would
    expect to find it.

    Anyway, just a thought.

  • Jeremy Zawodny at Apr 24, 2013 at 6:31 pm
    You know, that's a good idea.

    I've been bitten by that a few times myself!

    Have you opened an issue for it on github yet?

    Jeremy

    It would be cool if INFO command displayed a full system path to the
    current AOF file and/or dump.rdb file.

    I've started Redis, set a key and cannot find dump.rdb file anywhere.

    Trying to migrate Redis data from one server to another is super simple,
    but this path is hard to find. It just says ./ in the conf.

    Interesting... I issued a SAVE and SHUTDOWN, and the dump.rdb is stored in
    ~/

    Seems a bit odd, I built redis in ~/src/redis-2.6.12/ and created a
    symlink in /usr/local/bin for the build products. ~/ was not where I would
    expect to find it.

    Anyway, just a thought.

  • Geoffrey Hoffman at Apr 25, 2013 at 12:27 am
    No, I haven't -- I figured I'd check here first to see if I got flamed for
    a dumb idea before suggesting an issue ;-)

    I've been bitten by that a few times myself!

    Have you opened an issue for it on github yet?

    Jeremy

    On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Geoffrey Hoffman <
    It would be cool if INFO command displayed a full system path to the
    current AOF file and/or dump.rdb file.

    I've started Redis, set a key and cannot find dump.rdb file anywhere.

    Trying to migrate Redis data from one server to another is super simple,
    but this path is hard to find. It just says ./ in the conf.

    Interesting... I issued a SAVE and SHUTDOWN, and the dump.rdb is stored
    in ~/

    Seems a bit odd, I built redis in ~/src/redis-2.6.12/ and created a
    symlink in /usr/local/bin for the build products. ~/ was not where I would
    expect to find it.

    Anyway, just a thought.

  • Geoffrey Hoffman at Apr 25, 2013 at 12:32 am
    Opened issue 1069

    https://github.com/antirez/redis/issues/1069

[...]

  • Jay A. Kreibich at Apr 24, 2013 at 7:58 pm

    On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:03:19AM -0700, Geoffrey Hoffman scratched on the wall:
    It would be cool if INFO command displayed a full system path to the
    current AOF file and/or dump.rdb file.

    I've started Redis, set a key and cannot find dump.rdb file anywhere.

    Trying to migrate Redis data from one server to another is super simple,
    but this path is hard to find. It just says ./ in the conf.
    "CONFIG GET dir" will return the absolute path, even if the conf file
    has a relative path (like the default "./").

    -j

    --
    Jay A. Kreibich < J A Y @ K R E I B I.C H >

    "Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
    but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
    feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson

  • Geoffrey Hoffman at Apr 25, 2013 at 12:33 am

    "CONFIG GET dir" will return the absolute path, even if the conf file
    has a relative path (like the default "./").
    Thanks, I forgot about that!