I have set maxmemory in redis.conf to 20G, but when I ran redis-cli,
inserting data with 15G, the memory consisting of virtual and physical
was always about 8G, why? Where was the remaining data? At the same
time, I checked the dump.rdb, whose size always ranged from 800M to
1.6G, and I searched in google which told me the lateset data replaced
old ones. If so, how should I do to avoid that situation?

Thanks!

Search Discussions

  • Salvatore Sanfilippo at Mar 25, 2012 at 9:37 am
    Hi, how do you know that you inserted 15 GB of data *once* encoded
    inside Redis data structures?

    Cheers,
    Salvatore

    --
    Salvatore 'antirez' Sanfilippo
    open source developer - VMware

    http://invece.org
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act,
    but a habit." -- Aristotele
  • William Wu at Mar 25, 2012 at 9:52 am
    I counted my data, showing that was 15G. But I couldn't finish all the
    data because my Java program threw the exception of heap space while I
    set heap 8G.
    About data structure, you can check the post which is
    jredis encounters heap space
    http://groups.google.com/group/redis-clients-dev/browse_thread/thread/231fd522a414ab73
    On 3月25日, 下午5时37分, Salvatore Sanfilippo wrote:
    Hi, how do you know that you inserted 15 GB of data *once* encoded
    inside Redis data structures?

    Cheers,
    Salvatore
    I have set maxmemory in redis.conf to 20G, but when I ran redis-cli,
    inserting data with 15G, the memory consisting of virtual and physical
    was always about 8G, why? Where was the remaining data? At the same
    time, I checked the dump.rdb, whose size always ranged from 800M to
    1.6G, and I searched in google which told me the lateset data replaced
    old ones. If so, how should I do to avoid that situation?
    Thanks!
    --
    Salvatore 'antirez' Sanfilippo
    open source developer - VMware

    http://invece.org
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act,
    but a habit." -- Aristotele

groupredis-clients-dev @
categoriesredis
postedMar 25, '12 at 9:35a