I tried to find in r10k documentation about what to expect when doing a
r10k deploy module module_name command but I didn't find explicit behavior
for Puppetfile.

What I understand is if I want an updated Puppetfile (from Control Repo) I
must run r10k deploy environment command. Otherwise, Puppetfile will not be
updated.

I just wanted to know if it is the expected behavior.

Thanks,

Simon

  • Jeremy T. Bouse at Dec 1, 2014 at 3:41 pm
    Simon,

    Think of the Puppetfile like a Puppet manifest... It is a desired
    end-state declaration... You don't just run r10k to update a single
    module, you run the deploy environment to deploy that environment to
    make it match what the Puppetfile specifies. In this case an r10k
    environment is a branch from the control repository that you r10k config
    points to.
    I tried to find in r10k documentation about what to expect when doing
    a r10k deploy module module_name command but I didn't find explicit
    behavior for Puppetfile.

    What I understand is if I want an updated Puppetfile (from Control
    Repo) I must run r10k deploy environment command. Otherwise,
    Puppetfile will not be updated.

    I just wanted to know if it is the expected behavior.

    Thanks,

    Simon

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/7fc97f9d-1c8e-4f38-8d34-ee5995f23cd0%40googlegroups.com
    [2].