I have two ceph clusters 'ceph_prod_cluster' and 'OSC_acc_storage'

For the OSC_acc_storage cluster I have 3 ceph monitor nodes
isp-oscaccstormon-01, isp-oscaccstormon-02 and isp-oscaccstormon-03. I
deploy the nodes with puppet-ceph. Like you can see on
https://github.com/mpiscaer/puppet-ceph I made an exported resources in
file
https://github.com/mpiscaer/puppet-ceph/blob/master/manifests/conf/mon.pp.

   @@concat::fragment { "ceph-mon-${ceph_cluster}-${name}.conf":
     target => '/etc/ceph/ceph.conf',
     order => '50',
     content => template('ceph/ceph.conf-mon.erb'),
     tag => "$ceph_cluster"
   }

The collect resources are run on the same three nodes via
https://github.com/mpiscaer/puppet-ceph/blob/master/manifests/conf.pp.

Concat::Fragment <<| target == '/etc/ceph/ceph.conf' and tag ==
"$ceph_cluster" |>>

The problem is that only from the other two nodes the exported resource
are collected. When I remove the tag in the collector everythings are go
right and the resources got collected from all the three nodes. ( Even
more because of the extra cluster. But when I have only one cluster I
see the the 3 nodes )

What is going wrong?

Kind regards,

Michiel Piscaer

  • M. Piscaer at Jul 25, 2014 at 12:41 pm
    I think i hit the following bug:

    http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/5267

    The describe workaround did not solve my problem. Also what i forgot to
    tell was that i'm using puppet 2.7.19

    Is there a workaround for me?

    Kinds regards,

    Michiel Piscaer