I'm trying to do some interesting javascript integration between grafana
and puppetdb. I'd like a grafana scripted dashboard to to make a puppetdb
API call, to then create a list of hosts for a dashboard. However, this is
a cross-domain request, so browsers don't allow it. With Apache, I would
add this to the configuration:

Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
Header set Access-Control-Allow-Methods "GET, OPTIONS"
Header set Access-Control-Allow-Headers "origin, authorization, accept"

However, puppetdb is runny via jetty, and I can't figure out a way to do
this. Anyone know how to allow this?

Thanks!

  • Ken Barber at Apr 22, 2014 at 2:01 pm
    PuppetDB does not support CORS or JSONP today, to work-around this you
    can probably proxy the PuppetDB API from the same virtualhost/domain
    where your application resides.

    I see you already raised a FR request on this:
    https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PDB-587 ... we also had a
    another ticket for JSONP:
    https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PDB-217

    ken.