Dear all =)

I have a CentOS5 node that I would like to upgrade to CentOS6, but how can
I trust that my CentOS5 node manifest won't destroy the config files on the
CentOS6 node because the config files have changed from CentOS5 to CentOS6?

How do you prevent this kind of situation? Do you make a copy of all the
CentOS5 config files and diff them with the CentOS6 ones? If, how do you do
that in an automated way?

Kindest regards
Jasmine =)

  • Dan White at Apr 20, 2014 at 12:51 am
    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/facter/latest/core_facts.html#operatingsystemrelease

    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/facter/latest/core_facts.html#operatingsystemmajrelease

    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/latest/function.html#versioncmp

    and an example:
    http://www.mail-archive.com/puppet-users%40googlegroups.com/msg18460.html

    And, if you have filebucket turned on, you can back out any changes made by a run.