Facter 2.0.1 is the first release in the Facter 2 series.
- Fact values can now be arbitrarily complex data structures instead of simple strings.
- There's a new API for adding facts, which enables structured facts and allows fact values to be built up across multiple 'chunks' of code. (see http://docs.puppetlabs.com/facter/2.0/fact_overview.html for the full details )
- There are some backwards-incompatible changes to fact resolutions which were queued up for a major semver bump.
- Code that was deprecated in the Facter 1.x series is now gone, both internal code as well as some facts ('ldapname', 'memorytotal', 'selinux_mode')
- Facter no longer supports Ruby 1.8.5.
See the full release notes here: http://docs.puppetlabs.com/facter/2.0/release_notes.html
Get Facter 2 by following the instructions here (but install the Facter package instead of Puppet): http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/installation.html
Eric Sorenson - email@example.com - freenode #puppet: eric0
puppet platform // coffee // techno // bicycles
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/98A571EF-7E6F-4247-9AB0-3206538268DA%40puppetlabs.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.