Hi all,

I use external facts to collect data to our puppetmaster.
When running the "facter" or the "puppet agent -t" command, the external
facts are correctly collected.

But as soon as I let the puppet service run, the external facts are no more
gathered into inventory anymore

I use puppet puppet-3.2.2 and facter-1.7.1 on a RHEL5.10
The puppetmaster is puppet-server-3.3.2 on RHEL 6.5

Does anyone have an idea ?

Regards
Yannig

  • Yannig rousseau at Mar 27, 2014 at 4:13 pm
    Hello,
    I couldn't find any traces explaining this behaviour.
    What could be the difference between the process run manually and the one
    run by service ??

    Regards
    I use external facts to collect data to our puppetmaster.
    When running the "facter" or the "puppet agent -t" command, the external
    facts are correctly collected.

    But as soon as I let the puppet service run, the external facts are no
    more gathered into inventory anymore

    I use puppet puppet-3.2.2 and facter-1.7.1 on a RHEL5.10
    The puppetmaster is puppet-server-3.3.2 on RHEL 6.5

    Does anyone have an idea ?

    Regards
    Yannig
  • Yannig rousseau at Mar 28, 2014 at 8:36 am
    Problem is resoled (and was quite silly)
    There was an undetected environment issue (definition of path in profile.d)

    To see it clearly, it is possible to restart manually the service (puppet
    agent is launched at service start, errors are displayed on console)

    Regards