server so that it works again

Is there another solution because i have a lot of puppets clients?

thank you in advance

  • David Schmitt at Mar 11, 2014 at 7:22 pm

    On 2014-03-11 17:35, puppetstan wrote:
    Hello

    After to change a network device beetween my puppetmaster and my puppets
    clients my puppetmaster, my puppets clients are unreachable.

    I changed a network device in front of a zone server. I need to edit the
    file / etc / resolv.conf for all servers behind this network with my
    puppetmaster but my puppets clients are unreachable, The
    puppet-dasboardsay : Unresponsive.

    I m obliged to go to each server and restart puppet client service on
    each server so that it works again

    Is there another solution because i have a lot of puppets clients?
    You might have luck if you restore DNS service on the "old" address
    until all nodes have received the updated resolve.conf.

    Good luck, D.

  • Puppetstan at Mar 12, 2014 at 3:29 pm
    Hi

    Thanks for your answer but its not a DNS problem because i not join my
    puppet client.

    After to change a network device beetween my puppetmaster and my puppets
    clients, all my puppet client have this problem -->

    #/etc/init.d/puppet status
    puppetd is dead but pid file exist

    My puppet client lose the connection with a new device beetween my
    puppemaster and my puppet client and stop puppet daemon..

    this is not very reassuring

    After to change a network device beetween my puppetmaster and my puppets
    clients my puppetmaster, my puppets clients are unreachable.

    I changed a network device in front of a zone server. I need to edit the
    file / etc / resolv.conf for all servers behind this network with my
    puppetmaster but my puppets clients are unreachable, The puppet-dasboardsay :
    Unresponsive.

    I m obliged to go to each server and restart puppet client service on
    each server so that it works again

    Is there another solution because i have a lot of puppets clients?

    thank you in advance
  • José Luis Ledesma at Mar 12, 2014 at 5:54 pm
    If the puppet agent is dead, you have to bring them up. Really not sure
    what happened ( I have the agents always stopped)

    I would recommend some kind of orchestration/automation tool to avoid
    having to do this kind of things manually.( like mcollective if you want
    open source)

    Regards
[...]

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/a4f4ec80-3da6-4ddb-8f6f-ca8ce559edd5%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/a4f4ec80-3da6-4ddb-8f6f-ca8ce559edd5%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .
  • Puppetstan at Mar 13, 2014 at 6:33 pm
    Thanks for you answer

    I'll look mcollective