I am looking for Open Source Puppet solution that will help in launching
and managing ec2 instances, RDS instances, elastic cache instances. I think
Puppet Enterprise supports AWS out of the box, but I am confused by Puppet
Open Source support. Are there any puppetlabs modules that would hep in
AWS/cloud instance management? I found cloud provisioner module -
https://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/cloud_provisioner , but it's
'getting started' is missing. I would appreciate if someone could point out
Puppet Open source solutions for AWS and their documentation.

Thanks,
-jM

  • Josh at Jan 5, 2014 at 10:20 pm
    You could always check out The Foreman [1].

    [1] http://theforeman.org

    Josh