      I am using custom facts and have deployed them using modules in puppet
master. Each time a change is made i have to execute

      $ sudo puppet agent --test --pluginsync on the agent nodes to get sync
with the master. Is there a way to resync all the agent nodes from the
master by executing some command,

  • Jeff Bachtel at Dec 19, 2013 at 3:25 pm
    [main] pluginsync = true

    In /etc/puppet/puppet.conf on your agents is really the way to go (from
    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/plugins_in_modules.html#enabling-pluginsync).
    Otherwise you're looking at something like MCollective to remotely force
    a plugin sync when you make changes.

    But just leave pluginsync on.

    Jeff