Hi folks,

I'm running into an issue where a home grown fuse module is mounting a file
structure, and it works the first time. But on the second run, Puppet
complains:

Warning: /Stage[main]/Test/File[/home/myhome/dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4]: Could
not stat; permission denied
Error: Could not set 'directory' on ensure: File exists -
/home/myhome/dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4 at
54:/etc/puppet/modules/test/manifests/init.pp
Error: Could not set 'directory' on ensure: File exists -
/home/myhome/dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4 at
54:/etc/puppet/modules/test/manifests/init.pp
Wrapped exception:
File exists - /home/myhome/dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4
Error: /Stage[main]/Test/File[/home/myhome/dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4]/ensure:
change from absent to directory failed: Could not set 'directory' on
ensure: File exists - /home/myhome/dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4 at
54:/etc/puppet/modules/test/manifests/init.pp

There is a file {} resource which sets up the resources with:
ensure => directory,
mode => 0777,
owner => "myhome",

I am not sure how to trouble shoot this. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

  • Jeff Bachtel at Dec 11, 2013 at 9:25 pm