After I got puppetdb working I was looking about at the various bits of
data available. Looking at the 'nodes' option I was suprised to see this:

   "report_timestamp" : null

for every node. They all have this for their puppet.conf:

[main]
logdir=/var/log/puppet
vardir=/var/lib/puppet
ssldir=/var/lib/puppet/ssl
rundir=/var/run/puppet
factpath=$vardir/lib/facter
templatedir=$confdir/templates
[agent]
server=server_name
certname=client_name
pluginsync=true
report=true

so I assumed they were reporting.

TL;DR

Looking at /var/log/messages on the server I found these messages appearing:

puppet-master[1090]: Report processor failed: undefined method `>=' for
nil:NilClass

What's up? Have I misconfigured something?

Clients: v 2.6
Server: v 3.3

  • Jon Yeargers at Dec 6, 2013 at 9:13 pm
    On further inspections the YAML files are still being created but not the
    puppet db entries.
[...]

  • Felix Frank at Dec 10, 2013 at 12:58 pm