HI,

Is there a way in puppet to automatically install agents in unmanaged node
from the puppet dashboard or backend?

eg: I have a network with a mixture of linux and windows servers.I can
include the puppet agent in the OS installation phase or do it manually in
servers.
But, is there an option in the puppet to install agents on these nodes by
mentioning Hostname/IP address or other related parameters?

  • Kaustubh chaudhari at Dec 6, 2013 at 2:40 pm
    Hi Deep,

    Not that i am aware off. As puppet is a pull job and not push. master dont
    push any thing to puppet agent. All i am saying there may be a way of which
    i am not aware!

    I suggest include puppet agent installation as a part of OS installation, i
    have included it in the VMware templates and in the post installation just
    run "puppet agent --test" for the 1st time so that it generates cert
    request to master!

    HTH
    -Kaustubh