Hi everybody!

Anyone have a back-ended external node classifier to a Postgres database
they could throw my way?

Stuart

  • Dan White at Dec 4, 2013 at 10:03 pm
    Isn't that what PuppetDB is ?

    Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Stuart Cracraft" <smcracraft@gmail.com>
    To: puppet-users@googlegroups.com
    Sent: Wednesday, December 4, 2013 4:33:51 PM
    Subject: [Puppet Users] external node classifier with a back-end

    Hi everybody!

    Anyone have a back-ended external node classifier to a Postgres database
    they could throw my way?

    Stuart

  • Stuart Cracraft at Dec 4, 2013 at 10:10 pm
    Hi Ygor/Dan,

    Postgres has better DR.

    We like Postgres.

    Stuart
    On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 2:03:10 PM UTC-8, Ygor wrote:

    Isn't that what PuppetDB is ?

    “Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere
    in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.”
    Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)

    ------------------------------
    Anyone have a back-ended external node classifier to a Postgres database
    they could throw my way?

    Stuart

  • Ken Barber at Dec 5, 2013 at 1:52 am

    Anyone have a back-ended external node classifier to a Postgres database
    they could throw my way?
    Isn't that what PuppetDB is ?
    Postgres has better DR.

    We like Postgres.
    PuppetDB is not an ENC, also FWIW and to be clear it uses PostgreSQL.

    ken.

  • Dan White at Dec 5, 2013 at 3:38 am
    Thanks for that clarification.
    I was fairly certain it uses PostgreSQL
    Anyone have a back-ended external node classifier to a Postgres database
    they could throw my way?
    Isn't that what PuppetDB is ?
    Postgres has better DR.

    We like Postgres.
    PuppetDB is not an ENC, also FWIW and to be clear it uses PostgreSQL.

    ken.
  • Stuart Cracraft at Dec 5, 2013 at 4:06 am
    And if you do not want to store secretive (complete) company data in
    PuppetDB but instead an alternative securable database, what then pray tell?

  • Xav at Dec 5, 2013 at 4:52 am