Anyone know of a Ruby, Perl, Python, Bash, etc. script to do this already
written?

Summarize /var/lib/puppet/reports/*all hosts*/*.yaml
Assume infinite store in above.
For any given period in the above, summarize:
   action that was performed by puppet or would be performed if in noop
     including the specific cli-command-line command equivalent (e.g. chmod
xyz abc, etc.)
   number of times and dates/timetamps the actions were taken and what
method
     of initiation was done (human-initiated, puppet-initiated, etc.)

So that's it. I don't care what it's written in as I am not a Ruby purist.

--Stuart

  • Stuart Cracraft at Nov 29, 2013 at 8:08 am
    I took care of this on Friday with a 30-line Perl script.

    Handy-dandy!