Hi!

As far as I know custom functions are executed on puppet master server. But each run puppet master copies all the custom functions available to /var/lib/puppet/lib/puppet/parser/functions/ folder on puppet clients. Why is it so?

--
Best regards,
Sergey Arlashin

  • Felix Frank at Nov 18, 2013 at 2:42 pm
    Hi,

    you have likely enabled the pluginsync feature, which allows you to use
    "Plugins in modules" to e.g. distribute custom facts to your agents.

    Puppet will not distinguish custom facts and types from parser
    functions. For most people, syncing parser functions to agents serves no
    purpose.

    I advise to regard it as just a side occurence, and to just ignore it.

    HTH,
    Felix
    As far as I know custom functions are executed on puppet master server. But each run puppet master copies all the custom functions available to /var/lib/puppet/lib/puppet/parser/functions/ folder on puppet clients. Why is it so?
  • Sergey Arlashin at Nov 18, 2013 at 3:34 pm
    Thank you!