Hi guys,

I want to use Hiera with a OpenLDAP-Backend. The OpenLDAP-Backend should
contain class parameters. When a agent connects to the puppet master then
hiera should extract from the OpenLDAP-Backend which roles and which
class-parameters the node has. I've found any useful example in the
internet, how to integrate OpenLDAP into Puppet and howto create and use
the data.

Can anyone help me?

  • Luke Bigum at Oct 30, 2013 at 9:43 am
    This one perhaps?

    https://github.com/hunner/hiera-ldap

    The example is for Users, doesn'tlook difficult to adapt the search to get
    a list of servers. How you model the classes and class parameters in LDAP
    might be trickier. Maybe your LDAP structure would look something like this
    (which doesn't require much schema):

    cn=nodename,ou=nodes,dc=example,dc=com
    cn=classname,cn=nodename,ou=nodes,dc=example,dc=com
    cn=classparameter1,cn=classname,cn=nodename,ou=nodes,dc=example,dc=com
    value=woof