I started using chocolatey today and when trying to install an app
(Teamspeak3 in this case), I got the following error:

Info: Applying configuration version '1379384597'
Warning: Puppet::Type::Package::ProviderChocolatey: Failed to match line ==no version
Warning: Puppet::Type::Package::ProviderChocolatey: Failed to match line ==no version
Notice: /Stage[main]/Gaming_desktop::Applications/Package[Teamspeak3]/ensure: created
Notice: Finished catalog run in 6.96 seconds
Press any key to continue . . .

I ran it again, same exact error.

The config for it was:

   package { 'Teamspeak3' :
     ensure => installed,
     provider => 'chocolatey',
     install_options => 'latest',
   }

I noticed when I changed it to:

   package { 'Teamspeak3' :
     ensure => installed,
     provider => 'chocolatey',
   }

It gave me the same error found here:

Warning: Puppet::Type::Package::ProviderChocolatey: Failed to match line ==no version
Warning: Puppet::Type::Package::ProviderChocolatey: Failed to match line ==no version

But it actually stared downloading the software rather than saying it installed (which it hadn't previously).

Am I using 'latest' incorrectly, or is something else going on here?

Thanks,

Nate

  • Rahul Khengare at Sep 17, 2013 at 11:33 am
    Hi Nate,
        I think puppet does not provide the support for "chocolatey".
    See
    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/latest/type.html#package-attribute-provider for
    list of available provider which is supported by puppet.

    Thanks and Regards,
    Rahul Khengare,
    NTT DATA OSS Center, Pune, India.

[...]

  • Paul Tötterman at Sep 17, 2013 at 11:40 am
    I think puppet does not provide the support for "chocolatey".

    Not out-of-the-box, but https://github.com/chocolatey/puppet-chocolatey adds
    that support.

    Cheers,
    Paul

  • Sneha More at Sep 17, 2013 at 12:23 pm
    Hi Nate,
        install_options is an array of additional options to pass when
    installing a package. so you can not pass 'latest' parameter to it, instead
    you can try this for latest version installation

       package { 'Teamspeak3' :
         ensure => latest,
         provider => 'chocolatey',
       }

    Thanks & Regards
    Sneha More,
    NTT DATA GTS, OSS Center, India (pune)

[...]

  • Nate Walck at Sep 17, 2013 at 12:24 pm
    I am using the puppet-chocolatey module. The forge page linked here to submit issues. Perhaps the link is not correct?