I'm thinking about creating a web service to provide hiera data. The backend I'm looking into is Mongodb. Front end would implement hiera-http. Does anyone have any recommendations on the mongodb schema and how it would look. I checked out some articles online for hierarchical data in mongodb but not sure how that would map to a hiera backend.

Here's some articles and docs I read:
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/522746/Storing-Tree-like-Hierarchy-Structures-With-MongoD
http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/tutorial/model-tree-structures/

Example of hiera data would be a typical hierarchy:

# /etc/hiera.yaml
---
:hierarchy:
   - "%{::clientcert}"
   - "%{::environment}"
   - "%{::datacenter}"
   - common

But for mongodb I'm guessing that would look like:
common -> datacenter -> environment -> clientcert

Where clientcert is the leaf node. Does anyone have a reference schema I may be able to refer to?

Many thanks,
Ben