I'm having some issues with dependencies for my puppet module/manifests.

I've pasted some stuff on http://pastie.org/8243225#

The problem I'm having is that Puppet is running the Class{
'nova::controller' } before putting the .repo file in the /etc/yum.repos.d
directory. Since I'm running Fedora 18, it tries to install the OpenStack
Folsom packages rather than the Grizzly packages. Plus the nova-conductor
package doesn't exsist in Folsom so it really fails!

Any help would be appreciated!

  • Jcbollinger at Aug 17, 2013 at 4:56 pm

    I'm having some issues with dependencies for my puppet module/manifests.

    I've pasted some stuff on http://pastie.org/8243225#

    The problem I'm having is that Puppet is running the Class{
    'nova::controller' } before putting the .repo file in the /etc/yum.repos.d
    directory. Since I'm running Fedora 18, it tries to install the OpenStack
    Folsom packages rather than the Grizzly packages. Plus the nova-conductor
    package doesn't exsist in Folsom so it really fails!

    Any help would be appreciated!

    Are you sure there are no errors or warnings emitted -- by either master or
    client -- about missing or circular dependencies?

    Does it work better if you make class 'nova::controller' require
    Class['openstack::install'] instead of Class['Openstack::Install']?
    Generally, in a resource reference you want to capitalize the type name,
    but not the title of the instance. I understand how it could be confusing
    when the type is Class, though.

    John

  • Sneha More at Aug 19, 2013 at 6:33 am
    Hi,
      I think you can solve this by resolving dependancy in init.pp
      You may try something like this.

    init.pp

      class openstack {
         include openstack::install
       }
    I'm having some issues with dependencies for my puppet module/manifests.

    I've pasted some stuff on http://pastie.org/8243225#

    The problem I'm having is that Puppet is running the Class{
    'nova::controller' } before putting the .repo file in the /etc/yum.repos.d
    directory. Since I'm running Fedora 18, it tries to install the OpenStack
    Folsom packages rather than the Grizzly packages. Plus the nova-conductor
    package doesn't exsist in Folsom so it really fails!

    Any help would be appreciated!
  • Jcbollinger at Aug 19, 2013 at 1:56 pm