I'm trying to install the latest Puppet client on my Raspberry PI but I am
getting the following errors;

wget http://apt.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs-release-wheezy.deb
sudo dpkg -i puppetlabs-release-wheezy.deb
sudo apt-get update
W: Failed to fetch http://apt.puppetlabs.com/dists/wheezy/Release Unable
to find expected entry 'main/binary-armhf/Packages' in Release file (Wrong
sources.list entry or malformed file)

Any idea on how to fix this?

  • Ellison Marks at Aug 15, 2013 at 9:51 pm
    There's nothing prebuilt in the official repo for the arm processor in the
    raspi, I'd guess. You're probably going to have to build from source,
    unless someone else has already made a package.
    I'm trying to install the latest Puppet client on my Raspberry PI but I am
    getting the following errors;

    wget http://apt.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs-release-wheezy.deb
    sudo dpkg -i puppetlabs-release-wheezy.deb
    sudo apt-get update
    W: Failed to fetch http://apt.puppetlabs.com/dists/wheezy/Release Unable
    to find expected entry 'main/binary-armhf/Packages' in Release file (Wrong
    sources.list entry or malformed file)

    Any idea on how to fix this?
  • Brian Lalor at Aug 15, 2013 at 10:52 pm
    What about installing via a gem?

    --
    Brian Lalor
    blalor@bravo5.org