I created few puppet modules that pulls some Ruby code from various repos.
All modules are identical:

class <reponame> {
         vcsrepo { '/var/hg/repos/<reponame>':
                 ensure => present,
                 provider => hg,
                 source =>
'ssh://user@servername//var/hg/repos/<reponame>.',
                 owner => 'clavis',
                 group => 'clavis',
                 revision => $DQreleaseversion,

where reponame is name of repository. Puppet pulls all of them properly
from the server, but file privileges on file system are messed up. For some
of repos, they are correct, they are owned by clavis, but for some other is
not and files are owned by root. I tried this on few different servers and
it seems it is random, I could not find any reason why ownership is wrong.
All servers are Ubuntu 12.04 with ubuntu supplied Puppet updated to latest
revision.

Any idea what might cause this ? Thanks in advance.