Hi

as part of our setup we have erb templates that are SQL files, we parse then to add in some user details to the SQL (these come from a hiera json file created from PHP) before using that file to create the database.

If that data includes UTF-8 characters (for example an e with an acute accent) we get the error: Failed to parse template

Detail: incompatible character encodings: UTF-8 and ASCII-8BIT

This looks to be a similar issue to: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/puppet-bugs/oWATlkm5nfo

Debian Wheezy, Puppet v3.2.2, Ruby 1.9.3p194

Any suggestions as to how to deal with this would be great!

Rachel