I've created a custom class module and I can deploy it using the puppet -e
"include custom.pp" command and all works great.

But if I call the class via a manifest file, puppet throws an error.

manifest:

class { custom-class:
   addr => '192.168.69.204',
   enable => false,
   ensure => stopped,
}

Syntax error at '{'; expected '}' at /root/custom1.pp:1

The class module is in the correct place within the file system and where
puppet expects to find it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Manoj

  • Johan De Wit at Jun 24, 2013 at 1:12 pm
    Hi,

    First, upgrade your puppet. This version is very old.

    Second, dont use hyphens in classes. Use underscores instead. (make it
    a habit)

    Third, the class title should be quoted. class { 'custom_class': .....

    Hope this helps

    Grts

    Johan

    I've created a custom class module and I can deploy it using the
    puppet -e "include custom.pp" command and all works great.

    But if I call the class via a manifest file, puppet throws an error.

    manifest:

    class { custom-class:
    addr => '192.168.69.204',
    enable => false,
    ensure => stopped,
    }

    Syntax error at '{'; expected '}' at /root/custom1.pp:1

    The class module is in the correct place within the file system and
    where puppet expects to find it.

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    Thanks

    Manoj

    Johan De Wit

    Open Source Consultant

    Red Hat Certified Engineer (805008667232363)
    Puppet Certified Professional 2013 (PCP0000006)

    Open-Future Phone +32 (0)2/255 70 70
    Zavelstraat 72 Fax +32 (0)2/255 70 71
    3071 KORTENBERG Mobile +32 (0)474/42 40 73
    BELGIUM http://www.open-future.be