hi,

I'm trying to run the following manifest on my puppet agent: (snippet)

    package { 'check_mk-agent-logwatch-1.2.3i1-1.noarch':
       provider => 'rpm',
       ensure => installed,
       source => 'http : // mathias-kettner.de/download/check_mk-agent-logwatch-1.2.3i1-1.noarch.rpm',
       require => Package['xinetd']
    }

(please note that i had to change the link in the manifest because of
insufficient karma.

This results in an error:

Execution of '/bin/rpm -i http : //mathias-kettner.de/download/check*mk-agent-1.2.3i1-1.noarch.rpm'
returned 1: curl: (7) couldn't connect to host error: skipping http :
//mathias-kettner.de/download/check*mk-agent-1.2.3i1-1.noarch.rpm -
transfer failed

Now here is the clue: my company doesnt want to set a globaly proxy on our
services (e.g. export=http-proxy ...).

Is there any other way to "tell" puppet to use our http-proxy for the
installation?

  • Stephen Gran at Jun 19, 2013 at 6:50 am

[...]

    Tell rpm to use the proxy. It has config files and macros for httpproxy.

    Cheers,
    --
    Stephen Gran
    Senior Systems Integrator - guardian.co.uk

    www.guardian.co.uk www.observer.co.uk www.guardiannews.com www.guardian.co.uk/australia

    On your mobile, visit m.guardian.co.uk or download the Guardian
    iPhone app www.guardian.co.uk/iphone and iPad edition www.guardian.co.uk/iPad

    Save up to 32% by subscribing to the Guardian and Observer - choose the papers you want and get full digital access.
    Visit guardian.co.uk/subscribe

    This e-mail and all attachments are confidential and may also
    be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify
    the sender and delete the e-mail and all attachments immediately.
    Do not disclose the contents to another person. You may not use
    the information for any purpose, or store, or copy, it in any way.

    Guardian News & Media Limited is not liable for any computer
    viruses or other material transmitted with or as part of this
    e-mail. You should employ virus checking software.

    Guardian News & Media Limited

    A member of Guardian Media Group plc
    Registered Office
    PO Box 68164
    Kings Place
    90 York Way
    London
    N1P 2AP

    Registered in England Number 908396

  • Cko at Jun 19, 2013 at 2:43 pm
    thank you!

    i changed the* /usr/lib/rpm/macros *file via puppet. works fine