I'm trying to manage a cisco switch for testing purposes.

When I'm running: puppet device verbose I get the following error
Notice: Did not receive certificate

When I'm trying to sign the device I receive:
[root@pup-t01 etc]# puppet cert sign sw1
Error: Could not find certificate request for sw1

Any advice ho to get things going?

  • Livilu at Jun 19, 2013 at 11:53 am
    setting up puppet hostname in hosts file fixed this issue and now I could
    signed the device.
    Now I'm facing other weird issue:

    I'm trying to configure a port. Successfully did it once but if I try again
    I receive:
    Error: Could not retrieve local facts: connection closed by remote host
    Error: Failed to apply catalog: Could not retrieve local facts: connection
    closed by remote host

    Any hints are appreciated