Hi!

I want to manage all local user accounts on my Samba DC. So I add to my
node two resources like this:

resources {'user':
purge => true,
unless_system_user => 999,
}
file {'/home':
ensure => directory,
owner => 'root',
group => 'root',
mode => 0644,
force => true,
purge => true,
recurse => true,
recurselimit => 1,
}

Ok, after that I have only managed known accounts. But then I change
nsswitch.conf to get users from winbind, Puppet start to generate a lot of
errors like this:

Error: Could not delete user TEST3\Guest: Execution of '/usr/sbin/userdel
TEST3\Guest' returned 1: userdel: cannot remove entry 'TEST3\Guest' from
/etc/passwd

How can I fix it? I need to tell Puppet to remove only users with ID from
1000 to 2999999 (because from 3000000 starts winbind mapping) and not to
try to remove winbind users.

  • Paul Tötterman at Jun 13, 2013 at 9:15 am
    Hi,

    How can I fix it? I need to tell Puppet to remove only users with ID from
    1000 to 2999999 (because from 3000000 starts winbind mapping) and not to
    try to remove winbind users
    Have you considered writing a suitable user provider?

    Cheers,
    Paul