Hello,

I successfully installed puppet on redhat 6. Nodes can connect to master
and run catalog.
I installed dashboard and was hoping to see the reports uploaded in
dashboard...

I have no problem browsing to the dashboard but when an agent sends a
report to the master, I always get the same error in the master's log: *Unable
to submit report to http://127.0.0.1:3000/reports/upload [301] Moved
Permanently.*
*
*
I tried with the webrick server (*/usr/share/puppet-dashboard/script/server
-e production*) and with dashboard running with apache. Same error.

I also tried to set *disable_legacy_report_upload_url* to* true* in
puppet-dashboard's settings.yml. Same error.

I can see the .yaml reports exist in */var/lib/puppet/reports/*

Here is my puppet master config:
[main]
     # The Puppet log directory.
     # The default value is '$vardir/log'.
     logdir = /var/log/puppet

     # Where Puppet PID files are kept.
     # The default value is '$vardir/run'.
     rundir = /var/run/puppet

     # Where SSL certificates are kept.
     # The default value is '$confdir/ssl'.
     ssldir = $vardir/ssl

     # Proxy settings
     http_proxy_host = xxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxx
     http_proxy_port = 3128

[master]
     reporturl = http://127.0.0.1:3000/reports/upload
     reports = store, http
     dns_alt_names = xxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxx

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks

Olivier Trempe

  • Ellison Marks at Jun 11, 2013 at 6:14 pm
    1. Are you sure that dashboard is listening on the loopback?
        2. Have you made any modifications to auth.conf?
        3. Have you confirmed that upload requests are even getting to
        dashboard? (check the access log)
        4. Are you running any apache modules that might return redirects?

    Just a few things to check.