I just check from my virtual machine:
[root@host ~]# facter|grep virtual
is_virtual => false
virtual => physical

My operating system is CentOS 6.4 running as domu, running under dom0
CentOS 5.9.
I use facter-1.6.6-1.el6. Its bug?

Thanks for any comment.

Regards,
Heriyanto

  • Ellison Marks at May 22, 2013 at 4:49 pm
    I'm on 1.7.1, Facter finds xen fine.

    is_virtual => true
    virtual => xen

    odd part is I'm not sure the detection method has changed since 1.6. It
    just check if any of these paths exist:

    "/proc/sys/xen", "/sys/bus/xen", "/proc/xen"