I've been use puppetdb about 6 months ago, and now the database more than
6gigs
Is that any way to "recycle" database? the data on database more than 30days
removed, I try to find is that any option in puppetDB so far, or we need to
tune from database side(i use postgresql)?

Thanks for any comment.

Best regards,
Heriyanto

  • Klavs Klavsen at May 22, 2013 at 2:44 pm
    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppetdb/1.3/maintain_and_tune.html

    I've been use puppetdb about 6 months ago, and now the database more than
    6gigs
    Is that any way to "recycle" database? the data on database more than
    30days
    removed, I try to find is that any option in puppetDB so far, or we need
    to tune from database side(i use postgresql)?

    Thanks for any comment.

    Best regards,
    Heriyanto
  • Shell heriyanto at May 23, 2013 at 2:50 am
    This what i'am find, thank you Klavs.

    I've been use puppetdb about 6 months ago, and now the database more than
    6gigs
    Is that any way to "recycle" database? the data on database more than
    30days
    removed, I try to find is that any option in puppetDB so far, or we need
    to tune from database side(i use postgresql)?

    Thanks for any comment.

    Best regards,
    Heriyanto

  • Shell heriyanto at May 28, 2013 at 11:19 am
    no efect, this my configuration:

    gc-interval = 60
    node-ttl = 30m
    node-purge-ttl = 30m
    report-ttl = 30m

    I make ttl fast to see the change but still, my database still grow bigger.
    Its need to remove the database fast and create again, to make this work?
    how ttl work? is it just count when we do add the option, so the older
    database still save?

    thanks for any comment.

    On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 9:50 AM, shell heriyanto
    I've been use puppetdb about 6 months ago, and now the database more
    than 6gigs
    Is that any way to "recycle" database? the data on database more than
    30days
    removed, I try to find is that any option in puppetDB so far, or we need
    to tune from database side(i use postgresql)?

    Thanks for any comment.

    Best regards,
    Heriyanto

  • Ken Barber at May 28, 2013 at 3:23 pm
    What kind of database is this? Postgresql or the built-in HSQLDB? And
    - how are you calculating the database size?

    On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 12:19 PM, shell heriyanto
    I make ttl fast to see the change but still, my database still grow bigger.
    Its need to remove the database fast and create again, to make this work?
    how ttl work? is it just count when we do add the option, so the older
    database still save?

    thanks for any comment.

    I've been use puppetdb about 6 months ago, and now the database more
    than 6gigs
    Is that any way to "recycle" database? the data on database more than
    30days
    removed, I try to find is that any option in puppetDB so far, or we need
    to tune from database side(i use postgresql)?

    Thanks for any comment.

    Best regards,
    Heriyanto
  • Shell heriyanto at May 29, 2013 at 5:19 am
    Hi Ken thanks for your reply,
    We using Postgresql, we just have about 150 puppet agent, and for 130 agent
    its just run once per day, every day its take about 150MB.
    We using puppetDB 1.1.0. I will try to update puppetDB today.

    shell.heriyanto@gmail.com>
    wrote:
    This what i'am find, thank you Klavs.

    I've been use puppetdb about 6 months ago, and now the database more
    than 6gigs
    Is that any way to "recycle" database? the data on database more than
    30days
    removed, I try to find is that any option in puppetDB so far, or we
    need
    to tune from database side(i use postgresql)?

    Thanks for any comment.

    Best regards,
    Heriyanto

  • Shell heriyanto at May 30, 2013 at 5:53 am
    Already update to 1.3.1, the old database still there. Theres script for
    remove it via postgres script or puppet stanza to clean this such as after
    30days old?

    On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 9:44 PM, Klavs Klavsen <klavs@enableit.dk>

    .