Hi

I am trying to install vim-puppet for syntax highlight of puppet manifest
file. I first installed vim-puppet and then vim. Then I ran
"vim-addon-manager -w install puppet" I am still unable to see the colours
on site.pp

bala@WheezyMaster:~$ vim-addon-manager
# Name User Status System Status
editexisting removed removed
justify removed removed
matchit removed removed
puppet *installed installed*
bala@WheezyMaster:~$

bala@WheezyMaster:~$ vim --version
VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled Feb 10 2013 06:46:22)

bala@WheezyMaster:~$ dpkg -l | grep vim
ii vim 2:7.3.547-7
i386 Vi IMproved - enhanced vi editor
ii vim-addon-manager 0.5.2
all manager of addons for the Vim editor
ii vim-common 2:7.3.547-7
i386 Vi IMproved - Common files
ii vim-gnome 2:7.3.547-7
i386 Vi IMproved - enhanced vi editor - with GNOME2 GUI
ii vim-gui-common 2:7.3.547-7
all Vi IMproved - Common GUI files
ii vim-puppet 2.7.18-4
all syntax highlighting for puppet manifests in vim
ii vim-runtime 2:7.3.547-7
all Vi IMproved - Runtime files
ii vim-tiny 2:7.3.547-7
i386 Vi IMproved - enhanced vi editor - compact version
bala@WheezyMaster:~$

Could you please tell me where am I going wrong ?

Balasubramaniam Natarajan
www.blog.etutorshop.com

  • Keith Burdis at May 16, 2013 at 3:14 pm
    Perhaps try:

    $ echo 'syntax on' >> ~/.vimrc

       - Keith

[...]

  • Balasubramaniam Natarajan at May 16, 2013 at 4:06 pm