I'm using the Example42 modules with the built-in monitoring
capabilities. How do I remove a host?

I deleted a host which was managed with the Example42 monitoring
enabled. Since I removed the host (i.e. switchced it off), I get
warnings that it is not available from my Icinga installation. I already
tried manually deleting the host's config files on the icinga host, but
they get restored on each puppet run.

How can I tell the puppet-monitor module that the host doesn't exist any
more?

Cheers,
--
-- Andreas.

  • Alessandro Franceschi at May 21, 2013 at 7:59 am
    Hi Andreas,
    to remove a node you can run:
    puppet node deactivate <node_name>
    on the PuppetMaster.

    To be sure to have quicker answers about Example42 modules, please use:
    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/example42-puppet-modules

    Ciao
    Alessandro