I am trying to use puppetlabs apache module on CentOS to install mod php
package.

class {'apache::mod::php': }

It returns error "Error: Could not find dependency Package[httpd] for
A2mod[php5]". I am using Puppet 3.1 version.

Do I need to call class{'apache': } explicitly to get mod-php install
working? If I try that as follows then it returns dependency cycle error.
Can someone provide an example usage to install mod-php and handle main
httpd package install as well?

class {'apache':} -> class {'apache::mod::php': }

Error: Could not apply complete catalog: Found 1 dependency cycle:
(A2mod[php5] => Service[httpd] => Class[Apache] => Class[Apache::Mod::Php]
=> Apache::Mod[php5] => A2mod[php5])
Try the '--graph' option and opening the resulting '.dot' file in
OmniGraffle or GraphViz

~johan

  • Joe at Apr 25, 2013 at 3:53 am
    Just declare or include apache without the chaining syntax. Should work
    fine.

    include apache
    class {'apache::mod::php': }