First of all, I really hope not to be republishing the same question, but I
think the first time has failed.

Is it possible to use the REST API in a standalone configuration of Puppet?
I'm no expert in Puppet, but I've read the REST API guide and, as far as I
understand, I just have to add 'listen = true' in puppet.conf or run the
agent with '--listen' flag. However, doing this I have not been able to get
anything related to Puppet listening on any port (checked with netstat). Is
the REST API only usable in a master/agent configuration?

Also, any kind of additional information about the REST API would be really
appreciated. I don't know if this is a very used feature, but I didn't find
very much information about it around.

Thanks a lot!

  • Javier Dehesa at Apr 17, 2013 at 12:18 pm

    I'm no expert in Puppet, but I've read the REST API guide<http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/rest_api.html>and, as far as I understand, I just have to add 'listen = true' in