Hi, Puppet 3.1 now uses YARD to generate its API documentation. Is anybody
aware of the possibility to generate nice YARD docs for a given module
path, replacing the default RDOC-style site from "puppet doc --modulepath
..."? Could the YARD Template from Puppet 3.1 be used for this?

  • Sven Sporer at Apr 11, 2013 at 9:03 am
    I know that Puppet 3.1 uses YARD to document the Ruby code (not manifests).
    The question is if the parser logic for RDOC templates can be used together
    with YARD:

    *
    https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/blob/master/lib/puppet/util/rdoc/generators/puppet_generator.rb
    *
    https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/blob/master/lib/puppet/util/rdoc/parser.rb

    Sry for the confusion (and doubleposting).