Hello Guys,

I am able to execute puppetrun on specified client.
#puppetrun mars.example.co.in

But the above command only load or read .pp file under *
/etc/puppet/manifests*.

Is there any way, Where i can describe my own module or specified module
for specific puppet client.

e.g. #puppetrun jupiter.example.co.in (and it should load
/etc/puppet/modules/sudo/manifests/.pp)

  • Peter Brown at Apr 9, 2013 at 11:36 pm
    As far as I am aware puppetrun (Which is being phased out) only tells a
    client node to start a normal puppet run.
    I don't believe it is possible to tell it to only do particular parts of
    it's manifest.

    puppet apply is probably more useful to you but as far as I am aware it
    only runs on the node itself so you will need some way of triggering it
    remotely.

    Please note I have only user puppet run and have never used puppet apply or
    had a need to use it so I don't know much else.

    Hope that helps.

    Pete

    I am able to execute puppetrun on specified client.
    #puppetrun mars.example.co.in

    But the above command only load or read .pp file under *
    /etc/puppet/manifests*.

    Is there any way, Where i can describe my own module or specified module
    for specific puppet client.

    e.g. #puppetrun jupiter.example.co.in (and it should load
    /etc/puppet/modules/sudo/manifests/.pp)

  • Love Anthony Vish at Apr 10, 2013 at 12:33 am
    Thx Pete, at least i came to know "*puppetrun (Which is being phased out)
    only tells a client node to start a normal puppet run.*"

  • Love Anthony Vish at Apr 10, 2013 at 12:37 am
    Thx Pete, at least i came to know "*puppetrun (Which is being phased out)
    only tells a client node to start a normal puppet run.*"
    As far as I am aware puppetrun (Which is being phased out) only tells a
    client node to start a normal puppet run.
    I don't believe it is possible to tell it to only do particular parts of
    it's manifest.

    puppet apply is probably more useful to you but as far as I am aware it
    only runs on the node itself so you will need some way of triggering it
    remotely.

    Please note I have only user puppet run and have never used puppet apply
    or had a need to use it so I don't know much else.

    Hope that helps.

    Pete

  • Love Anthony Vish at Apr 10, 2013 at 12:37 am
    Thx Pete, at least i understood "*puppetrun (Which is being phased out)
[...]

  • Love Anthony Vish at Apr 10, 2013 at 12:39 am
[...]

  • Felix Frank at Apr 14, 2013 at 6:03 pm
    Well,