I am trying to use the node subcommand like so:

puppet node find --terminus rest --render-as yaml --mode master foo.com

This only shows facts, name, environment, expiration and time but not the
classes or node level variables.

Puppet version is 2.7.20. Any suggestions ?

  • Jon McKenzie at Dec 13, 2013 at 5:13 pm
    Re-upping this topic rather than creating a new one.

    I'm using Puppet 3.3.1 and am still having this problem.

    For example, if I run:

    puppet node find $(puppet config print certname) --render-as yaml

    The resulting YAML is missing ENC-set parameters (among other things).

    On the other hand, if I call the Puppet server's REST API (e.g. a GET to
    https://puppet:8140/production/node/<certname>), I *do* get the ENC-set
    parameters.

    I'd like to use the provided command-line tool to do this, but it doesn't
    seem to be working correctly. Am I missing something?

    Thanks!
    I am trying to use the node subcommand like so:

    puppet node find --terminus rest --render-as yaml --mode master foo.com

    This only shows facts, name, environment, expiration and time but not the
    classes or node level variables.

    Puppet version is 2.7.20. Any suggestions ?
  • Paul Archer at Dec 13, 2013 at 10:08 pm
    I see that puppet 3.3.2 has the problem as well. Worse, the documentation
    for 'puppet node' doesn't match the actual command.

    Re-upping this topic rather than creating a new one.

    I'm using Puppet 3.3.1 and am still having this problem.
  • Felix Frank at Dec 19, 2013 at 12:49 pm
    Is there an issue for this in Jira? If not, it would be much appreciated
    for either of you to create one.

    Thanks,
    Felix
    I see that puppet 3.3.2 has the problem as well. Worse, the
    documentation for 'puppet node' doesn't match the actual command.

    Re-upping this topic rather than creating a new one.

    I'm using Puppet 3.3.1 and am still having this problem.
  • Jon McKenzie at Dec 19, 2013 at 3:30 pm
    https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PUP-1185