I just completed the install of dashboard on a Debian Wheezy box, using the
deb package provided by puppetlabs repository. After following the
directions
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/dashboard/manual/1.2/bootstrapping.html I now
have it up and running (collecting reports only at the moment)

I am noticing that on all my reports page, I get a ton of "\n" characters
showing up. Since I am new to Ruby as well as Puppet, I am having a hard
time finding WHY these are getting inserted. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached is a screenshot showing the issue... same image is also available
at http://www.wikiak.org/temp/dashboard.png

  • Jordan Hayes at May 22, 2013 at 5:58 pm
    I am having this exact same issue.
    I installed Puppet this past April, from the PuppetLabs repository on a
    Debian Wheezy box.
    I see these new line characters under the reports, as you have shown.

    I am also new to Puppet and new to Ruby, which makes this problem even more
    frustrating.
    I just completed the install of dashboard on a Debian Wheezy box, using
    the deb package provided by puppetlabs repository. After following the
    directions
    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/dashboard/manual/1.2/bootstrapping.html I now
    have it up and running (collecting reports only at the moment)

    I am noticing that on all my reports page, I get a ton of "\n" characters
    showing up. Since I am new to Ruby as well as Puppet, I am having a hard
    time finding WHY these are getting inserted. Any help would be appreciated.

    Attached is a screenshot showing the issue... same image is also available
    at http://www.wikiak.org/temp/dashboard.png

  • Thomas Dahlberg at May 31, 2013 at 1:57 pm
    I found the solution. Dashboard does not play well with ruby 1.9.3.
    I will try the rails3 branch and see if it works better.

    /Thomas
[...]

    Me too have the same issue, did you find any solution?