Hi All,

I have a simple requirement for file synchronization across multiple
servers.
Can puppet synchronize the files from master to agent nodes instantly?

*My requirement:*
Let say file on master server *test_1.txt *got modified by some binary.
After modification I want to replicate the changes instantly on all other
nodes (agent nodes/servers).
Do puppet synchronize the file instantly to all servers?

Thanks & Regards
Nivrutti

  • Peter Meier at Mar 21, 2013 at 2:09 pm

    *My requirement:*
    Let say file on master server *test_1.txt *got modified by some binary.
    After modification I want to replicate the changes instantly on all other
    nodes (agent nodes/servers).
    Do puppet synchronize the file instantly to all servers?
    No, puppet nodes usually pull a new catalog from time to time (by
    default every half an hour) from the master. But your requirements
    sounds more that you want to look into something like lsyncd. I would
    not recommend to try to abuse puppet for instant file synchronization.
    Also puppet is not very good a synchronizing large directory trees.
    There are better tools for that job.

    ~pete