I've been using the stdlib::file_line resource happily for a bit now, but
then ran into a problem

I have a class, which can be simplified as follows

class prop(propval)
{
file_line {conffile:
line=>"PROPERTY=propval"

However, I'm attempting to plan for the future, and it sounds rather useful
to have the ability to remove the property completely.
The app I'm configuring this for, expects to see NO "PROPERTY=" value, if
you want to disable this feature.

Unfortunately, I dont see a way to do it, without some ugly exec() calls.

In other words, what I'd LIKE to be able to do, is someting like

file_line{ conffile:
line=>"PROPERTY=",
match=> "^PROPERTY=.*",
ensure=>absent,
}

and then have file_line remove a line, if present, that matches "PROPERTY=".

After all, it can do

replace "^PROPERTY=" with "PROPERTY=foo"

So surely there's some way to do

replace "^PROPERTY=" with "[empty]"

?

  • 尹川 at Mar 20, 2013 at 1:05 am
    thank you for let me know there is a stdlib module,many thanks!

[...]

    一片树林里分出两条路――
    而我选择了人迹更少的一条,
    从此决定了我一生的道路。