Stumbled around a bit until I figured out you need to do this:

gem install deep_merge

to get it to work !

Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)

  • Moses Mendoza at Mar 18, 2013 at 5:10 pm
    Hey Dan,

    Thanks for pointing this out! You're totally right. Not only does it
    require deep_merge, but it also appears to just fail silently if it's
    not there. We're looking into it now.

    Cheers,
    Moses

    Stumbled around a bit until I figured out you need to do this:

    gem install deep_merge

    to get it to work !

    Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)

  • Dan White at Mar 18, 2013 at 7:09 pm
    I was starting out from the command line, and it ain't so silent there !

    https://gist.github.com/linuxdan/5187422

    Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)

    Thanks for pointing this out! You're totally right. Not only does it
    require deep_merge, but it also appears to just fail silently if it's
    not there. We're looking into it now.

    Cheers,
    Moses

    Stumbled around a bit until I figured out you need to do this:

    gem install deep_merge

    to get it to work !

    Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)

  • Matthaus Owens at Mar 18, 2013 at 7:16 pm
    Dan,
    I think what Moses meant was that Hiera will silently fail to load
    deep_merge (the LoadError is rescued silently), which makes the later
    failures more difficult to debug.
    I was starting out from the command line, and it ain't so silent there !

    https://gist.github.com/linuxdan/5187422

    “Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in
    the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.”
    Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)

    ________________________________
    Thanks for pointing this out! You're totally right. Not only does it
    require deep_merge, but it also appears to just fail silently if it's
    not there. We're looking into it now.

    Cheers,
    Moses

    Stumbled around a bit until I figured out you need to do this:

    gem install deep_merge

    to get it to work !

    “Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere
    in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.”
    Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)

    Matthaus Owens
    Release Manager, Puppet Labs