Hi all,

I want to install opensaf from a tar file. Below, the content of my script
shell:

tar -xvf opensaf
cd opensaf
./configure --disable-tipc
make
make install

Any help will be much appreciated !

Regards,

--Ridha

  • Llowder at Mar 14, 2013 at 9:40 pm

    On Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:20:39 PM UTC-5, ridha gadhgadhi wrote:
    Hi all,

    I want to install opensaf from a tar file. Below, the content of my script
    shell:

    tar -xvf opensaf
    cd opensaf
    ./configure --disable-tipc
    make
    make install

    Any help will be much appreciated !
    You have 2 options. You can put what you did above in a shell script, and
    thenuse a file to push the tarball and the shell script, then exec to run
    the script.

    The BETTER option is to use fom or whatever and build a package (rpm, deb,
    whatever) and then install that using a package resource from a local repo.

    Regards,

    --Ridha
  • Joe at Mar 14, 2013 at 10:28 pm
    I want to install opensaf from a tar file. Below, the content of my
    script shell:

    tar -xvf opensaf
    cd opensaf
    ./configure --disable-tipc
    make
    make install

    Any help will be much appreciated !
    You have 2 options. You can put what you did above in a shell script, and
    thenuse a file to push the tarball and the shell script, then exec to run
    the script.

    The BETTER option is to use fom or whatever and build a package (rpm, deb,
    whatever) and then install that using a package resource from a local repo.

    Regards,

    --Ridha
  • Llowder at Mar 15, 2013 at 12:38 pm

    Indeed, sorry about that. Too much blood in the caffeine stream as I typed.

    I want to install opensaf from a tar file. Below, the content of my
    script shell:

    tar -xvf opensaf
    cd opensaf
    ./configure --disable-tipc
    make
    make install

    Any help will be much appreciated !
    You have 2 options. You can put what you did above in a shell script, and
    thenuse a file to push the tarball and the shell script, then exec to run
    the script.

    The BETTER option is to use fom or whatever and build a package (rpm,
    deb, whatever) and then install that using a package resource from a local
    repo.

    Regards,

    --Ridha
  • Len Rugen at Mar 15, 2013 at 5:44 pm
    For example:

    file {"/usr/local/src/suphp-0.7.1.tar.gz":
    owner => "root",
    group => "root",
    mode => 0775,
    ensure => present,
    source => "puppet:///modules/lamp/suphp-0.7.1.tar.gz",
    notify => Exec["unpack suphp"]
    }

    exec { "unpack suphp":
    command => "tar xf /usr/local/src/suphp-0.7.1.tar.gz &&
    chown -R root:root /usr/local/src/suphp-0.7.1*",
    cwd => "/usr/local/src",
    refreshonly => true,
    notify => Exec["install suphp"]
    }

    exec { "install suphp":
    cwd => "/usr/local/src/suphp-0.7.1",
    command => "/usr/local/src/suphp-0.7.1/configure
    --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --with-apr=/usr/bin/apr-1-config && make &&
    make install",
    logoutput => true,
    refreshonly => true,
    }

    What llowder said. But he meant fpm, not fom:

    https://github.com/**jordansissel/fpm<https://github.com/jordansissel/fpm>
    Indeed, sorry about that. Too much blood in the caffeine stream as I typed.

    I want to install opensaf from a tar file. Below, the content of my
    script shell:

    ------------------------------**------------------------------**
    ---------------
    tar -xvf opensaf
    cd opensaf
    ./configure --disable-tipc
    make
    make install
    ------------------------------**------------------------------**
    ----------------

    Any help will be much appreciated !
    You have 2 options. You can put what you did above in a shell script,
    and thenuse a file to push the tarball and the shell script, then exec to
    run the script.

    The BETTER option is to use fom or whatever and build a package (rpm,
    deb, whatever) and then install that using a package resource from a local
    repo.

    Regards,

    --Ridha

  • Ridha gadhgadhi at Mar 15, 2013 at 9:49 pm
    Thank you very much to everyone. It is very useful.
    Sincerely,

    - Ridha