We have been bitten twice by the following. We group the configuration
or our nodes in several files.

nodes.d/group1.pp
nodes.d/group2.pp

Now twice people have accidently added some statements that are put in
the global scope... which are then applied to all nodes:

The example is simplified:

-------nodes.d/group1.pp-----
node mynode {
include thisorthat
----------------

Ofcourse this doesn't trigger a syntax error (that we run before a push
to the git repo can be done).

Are there any other ways to catch this? Except code revision

Thanks,

Rudy

  • Denmat at Mar 12, 2013 at 8:43 pm
    Hi,

    None that I know of - its the same as putting includes in site.pp. Education and review are your best bet.

    Den

    (That said, very verbose rspec tests may pick it up for very specific cases - but it would be a bit of work.)