I'm using puppet through Vagrant to manage my dev VM, and as part of that I
have a few database grants that I run after creating users, but when I
subsequently run vagrant up or provision these grants fail (because of some
changes I make to the mysql config after they have been created.)

I'm using database_grant to execute the grants, but there doesn't seem to
be a refreshonly parameter for it?

Is there any way to avoid running these grants again?

  • Joe at Mar 12, 2013 at 4:25 pm
    refreshonly should be built in to all types. Did you actually try it, or
    did you just not see any docs saying it was there?
    I'm using puppet through Vagrant to manage my dev VM, and as part of that
    I have a few database grants that I run after creating users, but when I
    subsequently run vagrant up or provision these grants fail (because of some
    changes I make to the mysql config after they have been created.)

    I'm using database_grant to execute the grants, but there doesn't seem to
    be a refreshonly parameter for it?

    Is there any way to avoid running these grants again?
  • Ramin K at Mar 12, 2013 at 6:50 pm
    refreshonly is not a meta parameter and only applies to the exec type.
    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/latest/metaparameter.html Also it
    is not a parameter of the puppetlabs-mysql database_grant type.

    Stuart,

    Best to link to the module you are using, how you're calling it, and
    the errors/logs from when it runs. The code should check to see if the
    grant exists, and then execute or not as needed. I'm also curious about
    the Mysql config changes that you mention might be causing the problem.

    Ramin