hi,
I want to have puppet copy a file, but I can only reference the file within
the puppet configuration from the symlink. Have tried file => true and
other options but puppet only copies the symlink. Is this possible?
many thanks,
David.

  • Calvin Walton at Mar 5, 2013 at 7:28 pm

    I want to have puppet copy a file, but I can only reference the file within
    the puppet configuration from the symlink. Have tried file => true and
    other options but puppet only copies the symlink. Is this possible?
    many thanks,
    David.
    When you read the fine documentation located at:
    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/latest/type.html#file
    You will note that there is a "links" parameter on the file resource
    that can be used to set the behaviour with regards to symlinks.

    --
    Calvin Walton <calvin.walton@kepstin.ca>